Monday, February 9, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Pattern on Pattern - Day 1: Sketchy Gradient



Hello! Digit-al Dozen Week is back! And, of course, I'm off to a late start! This week's theme is "pattern on pattern," which is proving quite challenging. But it's also producing some gorgeous manis from my fellow Digit-al Dozen-ers. This is the second mani I did for today. I hated the way the first one turned out so I went in a completely different direction and I really love the end result!




Post continued after the jump!



I used two of my new Fancy Gloss polishes to create this look, Frozen Berries and Feeling Gloomy. I am so in love with these polishes and I'm hoping to have a swatch spam post with a few of them soon! 

I started off with only one coat of Feeling Gloomy (both of these polishes are very opaque on their own, which made them perfect for a gradient). I added the gradient with Frozen Berries and let it dry completely. I then took my small detail brush and made short, random lines at the tip and the base of my nail with the opposite color. It's kind of like a gradient within a gradient, except one has rough lines instead of a smooth transition. I hope I am making sense. It's late and I have a horrible headache, I will have to read it when I'm in better shape to see if it makes sense! 




I really like this design and wish I hadn't broken a nail yesterday because I think it would look even better on longer nails. 

Make sure to check out the other ladies below. They all came up with amazing and unique takes on this prompt!









Come back tomorrow to see what else we have in store!

Thanks for reading and happy polishing!

.

15 comments :

  1. Love this look! Colours are really pretty

    Hope you can follow me back :)
    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...such gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so pretty! It's quite subtle - kind of looks like a main gradient with 2 reverse gradients or something. anyways, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous design - I love the polishes you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful and you know that color combo gets me every time! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so pretty! The colors you used look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these. And I am with you - those polishes are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. It reminded me of grape pop for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a neat technique. I wanna go try it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so pretty! I love the sparkly finish on these polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool looking! These polishes are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love the sketchy quality! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10