Sunday, July 14, 2013

Comparison Post! Chanel Taboo vs. Illamasqua Baptiste vs. China Glaze Let's Groove ♥

Personal Collection

I had a couple of Chanel Taboo comparison requests today and thought I'd share the results with everyone! So here is Chanel Taboo, Illamasqua Baptiste and China Glaze Let's Groove.


L-R: Illamasqua Baptiste, Chanel Taboo, China Glaze Let's Groove

Stay tuned after the jump!
I have written on the swatch photos how many coats and which polish is on each finger to make it easier. I'll let you look at the pics and then give you my conclusion at the end.

L-R: Illamasqua Baptiste,  China Glaze Let's Groove, Chanel Taboo






As you can see, neither Baptiste or Let's Groove is a dupe of Taboo. Taboo has much more shimmer and is a deeper purple with more red than the other two. I had heard for years that Baptiste and Let's Groove are dead on dupes but they aren't - Baptiste is more blue-toned. However, Baptiste and Lets' Groove are close enough that most people would be happy with one or the other and not both. The formula on all of them is great. As you can see in the first pic, Taboo is the most opaque of the three (and I could wear it with just one coat, it was completely opaque) but none of them had problematic formulas and all  were perfect with 2 coats. So, what do you think? Do YOU still need Taboo? I'm personally glad I have all three. ;)

Thanks for reading and happy polishing!  ♥

.

8 comments :

  1. Glad I have all three but great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all three and love them equally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all 3 but the one that takes my heart is Baptiste. That is a stunning purple. I wouldn't say no to any of them if I had the chance to wear them on my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taboo is amazing, but I'd gladly settle for Let's Groove ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have neither, but would definitely go for Taboo, if I was to buy one of the three <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally just bought CG Let's Groove after seeing this comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe OPI - Russian Navy could be something similar too?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10