Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dior Bird of Paradise Bahia and Samba Duos - Swatches and Review ♥

Personal Collection

Happy Hump Day! I am super excited about the polishes I have to show you today! 

When I first saw the promo pics for the Dior Bird of Paradise Duos I was certain I would be able to pass them up. They didn't seem overly unique and I thought WHEW! Well I was SO wrong! The second I saw swatches on Pointless Cafe I knew I HAD to have them. And I am so glad I bought them!


Continued after the jump!


The Bahia Duo is my favorite of the two (which is surprising since I love green and am not a huge fan of blue or pink! LOL). Both of the polishes in this duo (667 - pink and 792 - blue) are cremes and had amazing formulas. All swatches are 2 coats and no topcoat.

The Samba Duo is made up of a light green creme (402) and a metallic teal (794). Both of these also had amazing formulas and I used 2 coats and no topcoat except in the last photo where I used a matte topcoat over 794.

Please note that these are mini bottles - 7 mL instead of the usual 10 mL for Dior. Each set of two retails for $29.


667

Dior Bahia 667

Dior Bahia 667

Dior Bahia 667

Dior Bahia 667

792

Dior Bahia 792

Dior Bahia 792

Dior Bahia 792

Dior Bahia 792

402
Dior Samba 402

Dior Samba 402

Dior Samba 402

Dior Samba 402

794
Dior Samba 794

Dior Samba 794

Dior Samba 794 with matte topcoat


What do you think of these? I just love them! I hope they make it into the permanent collection. 

Dior polishes are available from Dior's website and various department stores nationwide, both in store and online. I got these from Nordstrom.com. As stated earlier, each of these duos retail for $29.00 (which is $14.50 per bottle - a good deal even though you're getting 7mL rather than the standard 10mL size). 

Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥


.

2 comments :

  1. Ooh I LOVE the last shade -- I can't decide if I prefer it with or without the matte top coat; both ways are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10