Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Celiac Awareness Blogger Collaboration Mani ♥

Personal Collection

Good morning! May is Celiac Awareness Month and some fellow bloggers and myself thought it would be a good idea to do some Celiac Awareness manis. Celiac disease is widely misunderstood and is often misconstrued as someone just being a "picky eater." From the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, “Celiac disease is an autoimmune digestive disease that damages the villi of the small intestine and interferes with absorption of nutrients from food. What does this mean? Essentially the body is attacking itself every time a person with celiac consumes gluten.” Gluten is an ingredient found in bread, pasta, anything wheat-based, and even items such as soy sauce. Basically gluten is in much of our daily food. When someone with Celiac eats gluten, it can take the intestine up to a year to heal from the gluten attack. Learning that fact blew my mind.  You can find more info at http://www.celiaccentral.org/ 

The colors for Celiac Awareness are green and yellow. I chose to wear a green color-changing polish called Impulsive that my friend Jin from Superficially Colorful sent me as a gift. She makes several of these (she does not sell them) and they are great! As you can see in the photos, it goes from light green to dark green. The lighter color is when you are warm and the darker when you are cool. It actually stayed looking like this on me. Obviously the darker green is where my "growth" starts on my nail (I have super short nail beds). I think the golden shimmer in this polish made it even more perfect for the green and yellow for Celiac Awareness.


Superficially Colorful Lacquers Impulsive (no topcoat)

Superficially Colorful Lacquers Impulsive (no topcoat)

Superficially Colorful Lacquers Impulsive (with topcoat)

Superficially Colorful Lacquers Impulsive (with topcoat)

Make sure to check out all of the other Celiac Awareness manis throughout the week!



Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥


.

7 comments :

  1. Oh trust me - your nail beds are NOT super short! I'll show you a picture of super short beds once and you'll know ;-)
    Your nails look gorgeous and I totally love them!!!
    and with my little baby on, you're making me a very very proud mom ♥
    Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks amazing :) Like an effortless ombre :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this polish is PHENOMENAL. Looks so good on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful polish. I didn't know it was Celiac awerness month. I have friends with this problem and it's really a big problem for those who suffers from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing Impulsive at all about putting this baby on! It looks fantastic on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10