Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Favorites of 2012 - Part 3 - Mainstream Brands!

It's time for my final favorites post for 2012 - my favorite mainstream brand polishes! Once again, I had a very hard time narrowing this down so I have a lot of picture spam for you!

*While I have worn all of my favorites, I haven't had time to post all of them here. Because of this, I have borrowed some photos from the lovely Sheila at Pointless Cafe.

Here they are, in no particular order....

-------------------------------

Dior Dune -  Such a perfect, creamy neutral. I wear colors like this a lot - probably more than any other color family. Neutrals (taupes, browns and greys), dirty greens and purples are my most-worn colors.

Dior Dune

Kiko #400 (Grey Holo) - this polish has perfect application, is very holo and is just dark enough in tone that it looks good with my pale skin.

Kiko #400

Kiko #400

Nails Inc. Chalk Farm - the perfect periwinkle creme.

Nails Inc. Chalk Farm

A England Beauty Never Fails - this one has so much depth and the green is so gorgeous.

A England Beauty Never Fails

Nails Inc. Westminster - lovely blue-based medium purple creme. (Shown here with dots in Layla Ultra Violet.)

Nails Inc. Westminster

China Glaze Riveting - this orange reminds me of fire. I actually have several favorites from The Capitol Colors Collection but I narrowed it down to this one. (My runners up would have been Fast Track and Foie Gras.)

China Glaze Riveting

China Glaze Riveting with tiger stripes

Dior Amazonia - I have worn this at least 3 times and my photos never turn out quite right. This is one of my favorite colors out of my whole stash.

Dior Amazonia

Dior Amazonia

Wet 'n Wild Hog-Quartz School - I admit it, one of the main reasons I wanted this polish was because I only just this year discovered the amazingness that is Harry Potter (yes, way behind). But this collection was actually much better than I thought it would be and this was my favorite from that collection.

Wet 'n Wild Hog-Quartz School

Nails Inc. Fenchurch Street - such a perfect caramel creme. Are you noticing that I really love Nails Inc. cremes?

Nails Inc. Fenchurch Street.

Nails Inc. Baker Street - yet another perfect Nails Inc. creme. I probably should have narrowed those down more but I already did narrow them down a lot. I am an addict, afterall. *wink*


Nails Inc. Baker Street

Orly Miss Conduct - berry scattered holographic polish with an amazing formula!

Orly Miss Conduct

Sinful Colors Leap Flog - I love this color and it's unique in my stash!

Sinful Colors Leap Flog

Dior Riviera - I was so surprised at how much I loved this one. I went through a big-time orange/coral phase this year and this was my #1. I actually wore this on my toes for most of the summer (and that is a long time in Arizona!). At one point I changed it (after wearing it for over a month) to a different color only to put it back on a few days later. These photos are not the exact color - it is more coral and less orange in person. If I had narrowed this list to my top 10 this one would have made it.

Dior Riviera

Dior Riviera

La Femme Unica - another top fav - perfect application on this olive green holo.

La Femme Unica

Pure Ice Touch Me Softly - My favorite offering from the Pure Ice Velour Collection. Such a great formula and I love the color and finish.

Pure Ice Touch Me Softly

Pure Ice Touch Me Softly

Zoya Aurora - I think Zoya's Ornate Collection was one of the best of the year and this one was love at first sight.

Zoya Aurora

Chanel Malice - to think I almost completely passed this one up thinking it was "just another metallic red" - boy am I glad I didn't! Sheila's pic (below) is the one that made me fall in love with it - and I was not disappointed when I received it! Definitely one of THE top polishes of the year!

Chanel Malice
 (Link to my Malice post.)

Chanel Malice

So there you have my top picks from 2012! There are so many more that could have been included - it was a FABULOUS year for polish! I can't wait to see what's in store for 2013!

Happy New Year!! ♥

.

5 comments :

  1. I KNEW Malice would be in your picks..love them all...you're nails look awesome! HAPPY NEW YEAR ASHLEY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need Kiko 400 in my life!!!! It's so gorgeous. Baker Street too. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiquei apaixonada pelo da Orly rosa!
    Passando para visitar e aqui fiquei, estou amando o blog.
    Tem 2 sorteios rolando lá no meu blog,
    seria um prazer te-la párticipando:
    http://esmaltesdedivas.blogspot.com.br/2012/12/sorteio-de-aniversario.html
    http://esmaltesdedivas.blogspot.com.br/2012/11/sorteio-phytomare.html
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! These nail polishes are so pretty! I super love them all for I find them all elegant and classy. Great picks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10