Friday, April 15, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen Does Gradients +: Twisty Triangles



Hello, everyone! Happy Friday! I am so sad I wasn't able to post all 5 days this week, but I have a mani I am really happy with to close out the week! I love my gradient base and I did some fun freehand work on top - I haven't gotten to do freehand nail art in awhile and I have missed it so much!





I had a completely different idea in my head when I started working on this look but my original idea didn't work so I went a different direction and ended up having an idea for freehanding these fun geometric "twisty triangles." I loosely based these on those fun 3D optical illusion images, like this one. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, especially since it's been so long since I've done anything freehand. I see several things I would like to fix (especially in the close-up photos instead of at arm's length!), but overall I really love this mani.



To create my gradient base I used all Colors by Llarowe polishes (listed below). I love using CbLs for nail art because the formulas are almost always super easy to work with. I added the triangles using acrylic paint and a striper brush.



I'm sure I have entirely too many photos of this look, but I wanted to try to capture it at various angles!





Products used:

Colors by Llarowe The New Nude (green - exclusive to Nailland Hungary)
Colors by Llarowe Aubergine Dreams (purple)
Colors by Llarowe Mean Dean Proffitt (teal)
Girly Bits Border Patrol (latex barrier)
Girly Bits Glitter Glaze Topcoat



Make sure you show the lovely and talented ladies below some love!









Thanks for reading and happy polishing!



.

2 comments :

  1. I'm not sure that there could be too many photos of this one!!!! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really awesome!! I love the polishes you used and your nail art looks so great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10