Thursday, December 17, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does: Traditions - Gift Wrapping



Happy Thursday! I have sadly missed the first part of Digit-al Dozen this week due to migraines and life being hectic, but I am back for the last part of the week! When I first started thinking of manicures I could do for this week's prompt of Traditions, I'll be honest, I was pretty stumped at first. However, after much brainstorming, I had come up with some pretty good ideas. I'm bummed I won't be able to attempt them all this week, but I've chosen two of my favorites to show you! Today's is wrapping presents!


I am probably in the minority, but I love gift wrapping. I put on a Christmas movie and sit in the floor and wind up with a huge mess when I'm done, but it's so fun and I love thinking about seeing everyone's faces when they open up their gifts on Christmas morning. Plus it's just so fun to make the gifts pretty! Much like nail art, it's very fun and gets my creative juices flowing.



I started out with a base of NCLA Rodeo Drive Royalty, which is one of my favorite vampy reds. I originally had a slight gradient (starting at the top of my nail) with ILNP Mega (X) but it was too blingy under the green so I went back in with my nail art brush and Rodeo Drive Royalty after I used the wavy nail vinyls. You can't see the slight sparkle still shining on the red in person but I'm so glad it's showing in the pics! The nail vinyls are from Stick It!Nail Vinyls and the green is Different Dimension Space Time. I freehanded the ribbon and bow on my ring finger using Different Dimension Absolute Zero and my favorite striping brush from Winstonia. I topped it off with one coat of Pure Ice Girl on the Run top coat.





I hope you are enjoying this week's manis as much as I am! The other ladies are killing the challenge! Make sure you check them all out below, and I will see you back here tomorrow for another favorite tradition!










I hope you're al having a wonderful holiday season! Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10