Monday, July 27, 2015

Abstract Vines Nail Art




Hello lovelies! I have a quick nail art post for you tonight that is celebrating my aunt's birthday. I haven't gotten to see my aunt for several years and I wanted to do something special so she would know I'm thinking of her, not just today, but every day. She got a new purse for her birthday and I decided to do an abstract take on that design as my mani inspiration.




I didn't start this mani until after I got off of work today so I knew I wouldn't have time to recreate it perfectly, so I decided to do a loose interpretation of it instead! It's been so long since I got to sit down and do freehand nail art and this showed me how much I miss it... and how rusty I've gotten! Definitely not my best work, but I am pleased overall. First, a look at my inspiration.

Source



I originally had a much lighter base (to match the lighter spots in the purse) but blended with darker colors to create the same look as the background of the purse. Unfortunately most of my light spots ended up completely covered so my base looks much darker than what it was originally.




Products used:

Base
Rescue Beauty LoungeSanta Fe Road
Elevation Polish Llullaillaco (SBP)
Elevation Polish The Arches
Chanel Mirabella

Vines/leaves
China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle
Elevation Polish Bohai Sea
Elevation Polish Antelao
Elevation Polish Epidote
Elevation Polish Xixabangma

Black - acrylic paint
Topcoats
KBShimmer Clearly on Top
Cult Nails Wax That




Happy Birthday, Aunt Sandy! Here's to many, many more! <3



Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

1 comment :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10