Sunday, July 19, 2015

Darling Diva Polish: The Princess of Power Collection - Swatches and Review



Hello! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! I was going to show you this fabulous collection last week but time just keeps getting sucked into a vortex for me and I'm behind on EVERYTHING! I had an amazing time in Las Vegas meeting with so many bloggers, indie makers and non-indie brands. I have so many new pretties to show you! My nails suffered while I was gone and are super short now, but they will have to do for the time being. I swatched this collection before I left for Vegas, so my nails are longer than any newer swatches will be.


Darling Diva Polish Princess of Power Collection







The Princess of Power Collection was inspired by She-Ra and all the characters on planet Etheria. There are 6 polishes in all different finishes so let's get to it!

Mermista is one of my favorites in this collection. It is a bright, grassy green with shimmer and ultra chrome flakes. Application was great and it is on the thicker side so it only needed two coats for opacity. I am showing 2 coats with one coat of top coat.

Note: It was overcast when I was taking photos of this one so the holo is not showing very well. It is very holo in the sunlight. 

Overcast natural lighting

Overcast natural lighting

Shade

Artificial lighting

------------------------------------------------

For the Honor of Grayskull is so super blingy! It is gold and holo glitter in a clear base that can be worn as a topper or built up and worn alone. I am showing once coat over a jade green creme except on my ring finger where I used two coats so you could see how nicely it builds up. The application was smooth and easy and the glitters stay suspended nicely in the base so there was no digging needed. If you like sparkle, you definitely need this one!

Sunlight

Shade

Shade

Artificial lighting

---------------------------------------------------


Princess of Power is a gorgeous blend of color-shifting flakes, platinum silver flakes and holographic pigment. This one is so deep and complex it is impossible to capture the beauty on camera. And you'd think from the description that it would be top coat hungry, but it's not! It is smooth without topcoat! It can also be work alone or layered over a base color. I'm showing two coats alone below except for my ring finger where I layered one coat over a medium grey creme. One coat of topcoat for the photos.

Sunlight

Sunlight

Shade

Artificial lighting

-------------------------------------------

Perfuma is a mix of circle and flower-shaped glitter as well as holo micro-shimmer. This one is in a scented base. If you've been following me long you know that scents and I don't mix well. I didn't know this one was scented before I opened it and, while I did notice it, it was not overly strong. The formula was easy to work with and I had no issues with application. I'm showing one coat over a light blue creme with one coat of top coat. 

Sunlight

Shade

Partial sunlight


----------------------------------------------

Ride a Swift Wind is a gorgeous pale pink with shimmer and soft holo. I'm not a pink gal but this one is really pretty and definitely has a little something extra that really makes it spark. I am showing two coats below.

Sunlight

Shade
Partial sunlight

--------------------------------------------


Peekablue is a teal blue jelly base with holo and color-shifting flakes. This is my favorite from the collection! It has so much depth and shimmer. The formula is easy to work with and it is opaque in 2-3 coats. I'm showing 2 coats below except on my ring finger where I added a 3rd coat.

Sunlight

Sunlight

Shade

Shade


Do you have any of these yet? If not, will you be grabbing any? The Princess of Power Collection is in stock now!


Check out Darling Diva at the links below!
Darling Diva Store 


Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

3 comments :

  1. Gorgeous swatches! I think I need For the Honor of Grayskull now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peekablue is DEFINITELY my favourite too, reminds me of Starry Night background <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to see these swatched! Thank you for continuing to post swatches even though you are a Digital Dozen girl with all the nail art.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10