Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Elevation Polish and Girly Bits Cosmetics Bamboozled Duo - Swatches and Review




Hello and Happy Tuesday! Today is the 7th and that means it's Elevation Polish launch day! I have two posts to share with you today, both for Elevation, and a few more collections to show you over the next couple of days. I'm trying to squeeze in my nail art posts for Digit-al Dozen week next week since I will be in Las Vegas for CosmoProf starting Friday. I'm not sure if I will be able to participate in Digit-al Dozen week, but I'm going to try! Now, on to the reason you're all here - the Bamboozled Duo from Girly Bits and Elevation Polish!





I was ecstatic when I heard Girly Bits and Elevation were teaming up to create a duo.  Pam and Lulu both have so much experience creating polish, their creations are always gorgeous and imaginative and their formulas are wonderful to work with. The Bamboozled Duo is no different! Each polish is unique and gorgeous, and each maker stayed true to their own style while using bamboo as their inspiration. Let's have a look!


-----------------------------------


Elevation Polish Arashiyama represents bamboo in its dry state. It is a warm-toned nude (though on my skin it does tend to lean warm or cool depending on the lighting) with charcoal flakes and medium density holo. This holo flame is subtle rather than being a super blingy rainbow. I love this type of holo and Elevation does them so well (think Muztagh Ata or Echinops). Arashiyama is a district just outside Tokyo and I highly recommend looking up photos. It is a magnificent place.

I love the finish on this polish. It's a nice subtle polish but has the added sparkle and depth from the holo and flakes to add a lot of visual interest. It would be a great polish to wear in a professional setting when you are in the mood for something more than a creme.

The formula on this one was smooth and easy, no issues to report. I used two coats and one coat of top coat for the photos. This will be in Elevation's usual square bottle (as pictured).

Sunlight

Sunlight

Shade

Shade


-------------------------------------------------


Girly Bits BamBoom! is inspired by live bamboo and it does it so well. It is fresh and bright, just like live bamboo. It absolutely shines in the sunlight. BamBoom! is an almost neon green linear holo with microglitter for that "shimolo" finish that Girly Bits does so well. It's beautiful in all lighting, not just bright sunlight. This would make a fabulous summer pedi color!

The formula on this polish was easy to work with and I had no issues with it. I used two coats for opacity and one coat of top coat for the photos. You might need an extra coat of top coat due to the glitters in this one.

Sunlight

Sunlight

Shade

Shade

Isn't this a gorgeous duo? I love both polishes and love that there both very wearable. I have some nail art I was planning with this duo. I attempted it once and wasn't happy with my results but I haven't had a chance to try again yet. Hopefully before the 22nd restock!

The Bamboozled Duo will be available exclusively at elevationpolish.com. It will launch today, July 7th, at 9 PM central (10 eastern). It will be restocked on Wednesday, July 22nd at 9 AM central. These are the only times this duo will be available. Once it's gone, it's gone, so don't delay!

Links

Elevation Polish


Girly Bits



Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

1 comment :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10