Sunday, September 28, 2014

Super Mario Brothers - Take Two

Nothing to Disclose

Good evening! Today's prompt in the 31 Day Challenge is "inspired by a flag." Today is my youngest nephew's 4th birthday and he wanted a Super Mario Bros theme. I always make my nephews special cakes on their birthdays, so while I was creating this one I was inspired by the Mario flag at the end of each level!




Post continued after the jump!


I'm not gonna lie, I am still a big fan of the Mario games. I grew up playing the original Super  Mario Bros on NES and I am the one who got my nephews into the game, so this was a really fun manicure for me to create!



I decided to set my mani up like you were going through a level. It is loosely based on a level in the first world of most Mario games, with the look being modeled mostly after The New Super Mario Bros Wii. I put a goomba on my thumb because there is pretty much always a goomba at the beginning of the first level. Then, moving index to pinkie, there are the question mark blocks, tubes, coins and, of course, the flag, all in front of the ""3D Mario background." The flag is lowered and red because Mario has already beat the level. ;) 



This manicure took me about 2 1/2 hours  and there are still things I wanted to add. But at this point it was after 3 AM and I couldn't see straight so I decided to call it a night. My flag is missing the red "M" but I tried that 3 times and I just couldn't get it. My eyes and skills (and patience) were done at that point. Hahaha! Even with missing a couple things I wanted to include, I really like this manicure. And my nephew really liked it too!                  

Here's a pic of the cake if you want to see! It's much simpler than most that I make but my nephew wanted to help with it so we had a lot of fun and he loved it.




I did a completely different Mario manicure back in December. You can find it here if you want to take a look!

Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

,

7 comments :

  1. This is completely adorable! I was horrible at the game. But I still loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! Fantastic job and what a lucky little boy to have such a special aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole post is made of awesome! :) You did great with both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this Post, Keep Updating such topics. Original games

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mario is average all around. Luigi jumps a little higher and falls a little slower, but takes slightly longer to get up to full running speed. Princess Peach can float for a couple seconds while jumping, but isn't as fast as the other players.gamecube roms

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all the information that you have shared. well done guys for a good information. Reading a lots nice stories on instagram from site picbear

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10