Friday, September 6, 2013

Dior Nuit 1947 (970) - Swatches and Review ♥

Nothing to Disclose

Happy Friday! I have a brand new Dior to show you today! Dior Nuit 1947 is from the Rouge Dior Collection for Autumn 2013 which also includes three other nail polishes - Rouge, Trafalgar and Darling. I don't have any of the others - yet. 


                                                                                   

As much as I have always loved red, and red nail polish, this is my first true vampy red crelly and I am head-over-heels in love! I had a "nail mishap" last night and had to cut my nails very short. I was very sad about that, especially since I had just gotten this polish and couldn't wait to put it on. Well, surprise, I actually love it on my super nubs! (I still wish they weren't quite so short but luckily they have been growing pretty quickly lately.) 

Review and more photos (in multiple lighting sources) after the jump!


Nuit 1947 (970) is a deep cherry red   with a great formula. It is a jelly/crelly formula that was completely opaque in just 2 coats. The first coat goes on much brighter and patchy but the second coat evens it out perfectly. I do recommend, as with all jelly/crelly polishes, that you wait for the first coat to dry before applying the second coat to avoid dragging. It dries shiny but not as shiny as a typical jelly - I have a comparison below with and without top coat. All photos are 2 coats of polish and one coat of Poshe unless otherwise noted.

First up, inside under artificial lighting..





Inside, with and without topcoat...



In the morning sunlight...





Outside, in the shade...




Vampy. Fall. Perfection.

This color has been a little hard to get so far but I got this one from Sephora.com and as of right now, it is still in stock.  Dior is also available at Dior.com as well as many beauty counters at various department stores.

Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

.

3 comments :

  1. Love love love the dark deep reds im a true nail Polish freak...but these reds are awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really stunning. Looks like the love child of Essie's Bordeaux (my very favorite red) and Sinful Colors' Georgio. The most I've spent on nail polish to date is $15/bottle for a few Butter Londons. I do covet the Diors and Chanels but I wonder: do they really apply better? wear better? look better? What do you think? Many thanks! Delphi Michaels

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10