Thursday, October 27, 2016

Darling Diva Polish: Halloween Quad - Swatches and Review



BOO! Is anyone else super excited for Halloween? I can't believe it's right around the corner! I have so many nail art ideas in my head but haven't had time to do any of them. Hopefully I can squeeze a couple in before the big day! But, for today, I have a soon-to-be-released Halloween Quad from Darling Diva Polish to share with you!





This post is not one I am 100% happy with for a few reasons. It actually ended up turning into a comedy of errors. I was partially done swatching these when my camera decided to die a very sudden death. Not the battery, the actual camera. So I had to borrow a camera - a camera I don't know and is nothing like mine. In the meantime my problem nail decided to break. Rather than chopping them all super short, I rounded them a bit. So not only were the pics of A+ Fang Banger taken with a foreign camera, my nails also look different. I apologize for this, but it was all out of my control.  I've done the best I could with what I had to work with. The polishes are gorgeous and I hope you can see them clearly in my photos! I used one coat of Darling Diva Pryzmatic Topcoat in all photos. 


-------------------------------------------

Pumpkin Spiced Nightshade - I'm going to start with my favorite from the collection, because I can! The name and color/finish of this polish couldn't be a better match! It is exactly the color I think of when I think "pumpkin spice" and the multichrome flakes and shimmer are absolutely amazing! It is a little on the sheer side to allow those flakes to shine through so I needed 3 coats for opacity. The formula is smooth and easy! 


Sunlight

Sunlight

Shade

Shade

Shade

Artificial lighting
 And you know I just had to see those flakies matte...


Artificial lighting with matte topcoat

Artificial lighting with matte topcoat

---------------------------------------

Living Dead Girl - I hope I look this good if I'm ever a living dead girl. ;)  Gorgeous blue-toned light purple with shimmer and a smattering of what I believe are translucent micro-flakes. This one was more of a jelly and I used 4 thin coats to achieve opacity. You could probably stop at 3, but I prefer thinner coats with jellies. 

Sunlight

Shade

Shade

Artificial lighting

Artificial lighting

-------------------------------------------------------

Sharp Dressed Boogeyman - The name of this one cracked me up! I love this shade of charcoal grey - add in holo and flakes and it has so much sparkle and depth! But, it also has a purple shift to it as well! Formula was smooth and creamy. It was opaque in 2 coats! I apologize for not having sunlight photos of this one. It was during my shade pics that my camera died and then I lost my sunlight as well. It is definitely a linear holo, which you can see in my artificial lighting pics (but does show up better in person).

Artificial lighting

Artificial lighting

Shade

Shade

-------------------------------------------


A+ Fang Banger - This one made me laugh too! A+ Fang Banger is aptly named because it is a sexy, vampy red and I could see all the vamps wearing this for a night on the town. It is a deep red full of shimmer that seems to glow from inside! I used 3 coats of this one and had no issues with application.


Sunlight

Shade

Shade

Artificial lighting


----------------------------------------




Such a great collection of polishes for this time of year! Which ones will you be picking up?

These are all limited edition, so make sure you don't miss out! These will be available Friday, October 28th at 7 PM central, along with two other new collection. (Check out Darling Diva on social media for more info on those!)

Don't forget to use the discount code from Darling Diva in my blogiversary post! It's good until 11/11!

Check out Darling Diva at the links below!
Store 


Thanks for reading and happy polishing!




.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10