Monday, June 8, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Fandom: Day 1 - Sherlock




Hello lovelies! It's Digit-al Dozen time again! This month's theme is fandom and I am so excited! I have a ton of ideas going through my head that I hope I can pull off, and I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with as well. I'm sick and I'm having a day where I want to pull my hair out, but at least I love my nails right now!




I belong to quite a few "fandoms," as I'm sure many of you who have been with me awhile know.I have already created manis to honor many of them, but I suspect some of them will make another appearance this week. ;) So, let's get to today's mani!




Today I am paying homage to a show that I love but have not created a mani for before, Sherlock. Sherlock is such a great show. It's witty and it makes you think, but have fun at the same time. Not to mention it stars Benedict Cumberbatch. And, let's not forget this scene. *fans self*



If you are a fan of the show, you will recognize my manicure as Sherlock's wallpaper and the smiley face he drew with spray paint. If  you're not a fan, why not?? You have plenty of time to catch up since we will be waiting for possibly 52  years for the next season. (Slight exaggeration and the only thing I don't like about Sherlock.)

To create this manicure I started off with a base of Barry M Gelly in Chai. I love this grey and the formula is amazing! Once that was dry I used an image from Born Pretty Store plate BP-L007 and Sinful Colors Black on Black. It's no secret that I'm not very good at stamping but my mom loves it when I stamp on her nails so I have been trying to improve for her. I think I am getting better, still a long way to go though! Once that was dry I added the smiley face using acrylic paint. I topped it all with KBShimmer Clearly on Top, followed by Cult Nails Wax That to get a waxy finish.




This mani is a little on the simple side for me, but I really like how it turned out. I know the wallpaper pattern isn't exactly the same, but it was close enough for me. I'm still wearing this and really enjoying it!


Make sure you check out all of the other awesome fandom manis below!












Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

14 comments :

  1. You got it just right! That smiley face is perfect. Definitely a show worthy of your fandom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mani is well done. I like the finish a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaay Sherlock nails! It's my fave show and I use the wallpaper/smiley image for about everything - wallet, phone case, key chain, even my badge reel for work is that image! It's perfect because the fans get it, but it doesn't look too crazy for those who don't. Love this mani!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, I can't believe how exactly spot on this is - you totally hit the nail, squarely on the head! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome mani! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't watched this yet, but I should. That clip!! Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to do this design! LOL! One of my all time favorite shows! Love your take on the wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's perfect! The moment I saw it I knew exactly where it was from (even though I'm not up to date).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't watch this show but the art is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAYYYYY!!!! This made my day when you posted. Instantly knew what it was for. wahhhhh i hate waiting for the new episodes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never watched Sherlock, but I LOVE the flour de lis stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10