Friday, March 13, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Nature - Day 5: Stormy Weather



Happy Friday! Today concludes Nature Week for the Digit-al Dozen and I am sad to see this one go! (My body will be glad though because now I will be able to sleep more! LOL) This week gave me a lot of inspiration and I'm hoping to take that forward and build on it. Today I am taking inspiration from one of my very favorite things - thunder storms!





Continue reading after the jump!




Living in the desert I obviously don't get a lot of rain or storms but they are my favorite weather. I could live somewhere where it rains most of the time and I would be a happy gal. However, during the hottest part of the year - typically middle/end of June to end of August - we have "monsoon season." In Arizona monsoon season means higher humidity (so during the hottest part of the summer it is not a dry heat like most people think), massive dust storms and rain storms. When I was a kid up through a few years ago we typically had rain pretty often during monsoon season but during the last few years it's not rained as much and we get dust storms and a ton of lighting. And I have to say, Arizona does have some of the most wicked looking lighting, it's pretty amazing.




This manicure didn't turn out quite like I wanted it but overall I'm pretty happy with it. I did some complexing "dabbing" - one of my favorite things to do - to create the base. It has a lot more depth in person that it looks like in these photos. I used all Elevation Polish polishes to create the base (have I mentioned that my Elevations are my favorites for nail art??) and I will list them below.





To create the base I used (all Elevation Polish) -

I used acrylic paint for the lighting, KBShimmer Clearly on Top and Wet 'n Wild Matte top coat to finish it off.




I hope you enjoyed Nature Week as much as I did! Make sure to check out the amazing manis below and we will be back next month with a new theme!











Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

5 comments :

  1. Ooooh I love this one! Your lightening is great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love storms as well! We get a ton of them in the springtime and it makes me so happy! Nothing better than curling up on the porch with a kitty, a cuppa and a good book during a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like this. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very mysterious! I love the storms in Arizona, unless I'm driving in them, then they scare me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect - there's a real brooding feel to this mani

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10