Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Childhood - Day 5: Nail Polish




Happy weekend! We finally made it! I'm about an hour late getting this post up. but better late than never, right? To close out Digit-al Dozen Childhood Week I have something that impacted both my childhood and my adulthood (as well as yours probably!) - nail polish!





Continue reading after the jump!




I started falling in love with nail polish when I was very young. Then when I was about 9 or 10 I started painting my own nails often and also doing my mom's nails once per week. I can't imagine they looked very good at that age but my mom still wore them, bless her. What a confidence boost for a kid. I am now in my 30s and still doing my mom's nails once per week (sometimes twice!). I guess it was worth all those manis done by a kid for her to now get them done each week by someone who knows a thing or two about nails. ;)




For this mani I used Elevation Polish Weddell Sea as my base. The rest was done using acrylic paint and a detail brush. I topped it with Cult Nails Wax That after it was dry.

I hope you've enjoyed Childhood Week as much as I have! Make sure to check out the other awesome manis below!










Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

4 comments :

  1. I loved doing my nails as a child too - no wonder we still love it today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perefct - love the splats! Who didnt love playing with nail polish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only polish I was allowed as a kid was a peel off one that lasted all of 30 seconds. It wasn't until I was a teen that I finally got to play around with the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! My mom lets me do her nails once in a blue moon and I love it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10