Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Childhood - Day 3: Lisa Frank





Happy Hump Day! Is it really only the middle of the week? It feels like it should be the weekend already! This week has been killer, but at least I loved what I had on my nails today! As a child of the 80s and early 90s (I was born in the early 80s), I definitely had some Lisa Frank items in my backpack! I've been craving neons so I figured this was the perfect chance to use them!




Continue reading after the jump!




As much as I loved neons as a kid, I think I love them even more as an adult! I knew I wanted to use Lisa Frank as my inspiration but I didn't want to do the "usual" gradient with animal print over it. I wanted something different. I found the following image in a google image search and loved how the colors popped over the crisp white background. It's fun but simple, all at the same time. (And let's face it, I loved the puppies too! LOL)






I really love how this mani turned out and I will be sad when I remove it tomorrow! It's just so fun!



I used Elevation Polish Weddell Sea as my base. (In case you've missed my love affair with this polish, I've used about half a bottle of it so far. It's such a gorgeous polish and has such a great formula.)  I then used a nail art brush for the neons. I originally used a dotting tool but it looked more like cheetah print than I wanted so I re-did it with a nail art brush. I used 4 DARE Colors neons from a set I grabbed at Walmart along with Salon Perfect Haute Pink and China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle. I finished it off with a matte top coat (Wet n Wild) because I really love neons matte. I reversed the order of colors on two of my nails since the colors were reversed on the dogs. It's a fun addition to the mani, I think!




I hope you enjoyed this fun look! This is definitely my favorite for the week so far! Make sure you check out the amazing ladies below!












Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

6 comments :

  1. Love this look so much even though I don't really care for Lisa Frank. LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so bright. It just cheered me right up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the neon...but I feel I'm the only person who doesn't know who Lisa Frank is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! How can you not love the neons AND the puppies? I adore the way you created this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pups are so cute, love what you did with the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10