Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Childhood - Day 4: Basketball



Hello lovelies! We are finally closing in on the weekend! Day 4 of Digit-al Dozen Childhood Week I took inspiration from one of my favorite things to do as a kid - I loved playing basketball! And I was pretty darned good, if I do say so myself!



Continue reading after the jump!




The fact that I used to play basketball is not something many people know about me. It's not something I keep a secret, it just doesn't usually come up! I started playing when I was in 2nd grade (so 7 or 8 years old) and played nearly every day. We had a hoop outside (my brother is 6 years older than me so it was his hoop originally but I ended up getting a lot more use out of it than he did) and I would play in my driveway. My next door neighbor was a boy my age and we became really good friends and would often play after school and on weekends. Sometimes my brother and his friends, as well as other neighborhood kids, would come over and we'd all play. I was much younger than my
brother's friends (all around 14), but I definitely held my own. Unfortunately, I found out over the next few years that I have very week ankles and had one ankle injury after another. I eventually stopped playing because of it. Looking back I really wish I hadn't. So this is my tribute to a sport I loved so much.




I used OPI Chop-sticking to My Story as the base for this mani. I then added dots using Elevation Polish The Arches II. I added top coat thumb and didn't like how it smoothed out the bumps, losing the basketball texture. So I did not top coat any of my other nails. The black is Sinful Colors Whipped (matte) that I added using a striping brush. I love how this one turned out!



Make sure you check out all of the other manis below!












Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

5 comments :

  1. this looks great, love the idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing this in my feed and I am really in awe of the texture you created - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the basketball texture you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The subtle difference between the two red colours make for an amazing textured feel, even if you do feel like the topcoat lost it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10