Monday, November 4, 2013

Rocks and Minerals Nail Art Week Day One - Eucryptite

Nothing to Disclose

Happy Monday! To start off a new week with a kick I have a quick nail art mani for you. Today starts the beginning of another themed nail art week with some of my fellow nail bloggers! This week's theme is Rocks and Minerals.

Source: http://www.chenxiaojun.com/FluorescentMinerals/ChinaS792Fluorescent.html



Post continued after the jump!


I gotta be honest, I was really unsure of how I would be able to do 5 different nail art looks based on rocks. I collected rocks when I was a kid and still have a shoe box filled with my favorites. But the box is on the top shelf at the back of my closet and I wasn't ambitious enough to dig it out. LOL So I started googling and I ran across some very cool rocks from China that glow bright , and some even neon, under a blacklight. One of them, Eucryptite, glows bright red and black! I have always loved red and black together so I was excited to try it. If you would like to learn more about this stone, you can find information here.

Source: http://www.chenxiaojun.com/FluorescentMinerals/ChinaS792Fluorescent.html

I started off with a red base and, after it was dry, added the black randomly. I then swirled and dabbed with a striping brush, as well as using acetone to give it a more subtle look. I was pleased with the outcome!



I can't wait to try out more looks this week!

Don't forget to check out all of the other amazing manis below!



Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

.



4 comments :

  1. So pretty!! AND what a cool technique, I should try a more random swirly-acetone approach next time I want a similarly smoky look. PS. I always loooooved those little windows where you would push the button and watch the rocks glow under black light in museums, definitely the coolest rocks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow and WOW! This is fantastic! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know i love this - super vampylicious! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10