Wednesday, October 5, 2016

31 Day Challenge: Day 24 - Weirwood Tree from Game of Thrones



Hello! Sorry I have been absent the last week, but I am continuing on with the 31 Day Challenge. Better to finish late than never! My current prompt is "inspired by a book" and I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this one! I am semi-cheating because my inspiration photo came from the TV show Game of Thrones, but it was originally a book and the Weirwood Trees were in the books!



I had never been interested in watching or reading Game of Thrones (the book series is actually called Song of Ice and Fire - Game of Thrones is the first book in the series) but I kept hearing so many of my friends talk about how good it was so I decided to check it out and see what all the hype was about! The stories are great (and so unexpected), and I have to say the scenery in the show is breathtaking. I fell in love with the heart trees, formally called Weirwood Trees, and knew I wanted to do some nail art based on them!


This is actually my 3rd attempt at this mani. I tried twice last week, and failed miserably. I was sort of surprised it was so difficult for me to do because I have done trees before without much difficulty. I simplified what I was trying to do and I think it turned out better doing it that way. 


I used a variety of polishes to sponge the cloudy background and the tree was done with acrylic paint. I topped it off with Girly Bits What a Rush! and KBShimmer Oh Matte!



Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10